What's a Payroll Export?
Many businesses use accounting software like QuickBooks or Peachtree or a payroll
service like ADP or Paychex. Each service or software package needs its time and
attendance data in a different format, so the data collected by TimePilot needs
to be "translated" into a format the service or software can understand.
These "translators" are called exports. You can download exports for dozens of payroll services and
software packages at the TimePilot.com web site.
Here's how to find and install the export for your payroll service or software
- Start TimePilot Central.
- Click the "File" menu.
- You'll see a "Download Payroll Exports" link to the TimePilot.com web
site. Clicking the link will taken you to the TimePilot site, where you can
download the export of your choice. You can have as many exports installed
as you want.
- After downloading, the export(s) will be added to this menu. Clicking
the name of the export will start it. Instructions on how to use the exports
are available when you download them.
- If you want to install additional exports, repeat the above steps.
To learn how to use your newly installed export, click
You can also export your data to Microsoft Excel. For that, you won't need to
download an export. Here's how to do it:
- Run a report in
- Click the "Export" button at the top left side of the screen.
- The standard Windows "Save a file" box will appear. Choose where to save
the file and a name for it.
- In the "Save File as type" area, click the dropdown arrow and choose
"Microsoft Excel (*.xls).
- Click "Save."