Collecting and Retrieving Data
Here’s an overview of the process you’ll use to collect the time and attendance data from the Extreme time clock(s) and
import the data into the TimePilot software:
First, you’ll have the timeclock(s) download the time and attendance data onto the included USB drive. Then you’ll upload data from the USB drive to the PC running the TimePilot software. Data can be collected from multiple clocks before returning to the PC and uploading the data. The data can be also be collected as frequently as desired.
For example, even though your pay period may be weekly
or biweekly, you may collect the data every day, if you want. Here's how:
- Unlock the padlock securing the timeclock to the mounting plate, then insert the USB drive into the USB port on the bottom of the clock. The clock can be removed from the mounting plate to make it easier.
- Tap the included gray management iButton to the "In" probe of the clock. The lights on the two probes will begin flashing yellow in an alternating pattern while the clock readies the drive to write data.
The probes’ lights will flash
green as the clock writes the most recent data. When the lights stop flashing, a series of beeps will sound, indicating that the
data has been written successfully.
- Remove the USB drive, reattach the clock to the mounting plate (if necessary) and secure the clock with the lock.
- Repeat the above steps for each clock, if desired.
- Return your the PC and start TimePilot Central or Clock Manager.
insert the USB drive into an available USB port on
- TimePilot Central or Clock Manager will automatically detect the presence of the USB drive with the TimePilot data files
and download the files into the TimePilot database.
- View and edit the transactions in TimePilot Central, run reports and (optionally) export the data to your payroll software or service.