Vetro Setup Wizard
When you complete the TimePilot Central Setup Wizard, you’ll be taken
directly to the New Clock Wizard, which will guide you through setting up your
clock in the software.
In the New Clock Wizard, you’ll do the following:
- Decide how you'll get the setup information you'll be creating here into
each clock. You can do it with the included USB drive or via your network,
if the clock will be a part of your local area network. If it will be on
your network, you can still use the USB drive to transfer the information.
- Give the Vetro timeclock a name. The name of the clock where employees clocked
in or out will appear in TimePilot Central—helpful if you’re using more than
one Vetro timeclock in your business.
- Set an administrative password on the clock. The factory-set password is 123456,
and you’ll use that to set the time and date on your clock when you first power
it up, but you’ll change the password here to a six-digit number unique to your
- Transfer the clock’s name and new password, as well as the names and the ID
numbers of each employee, to Vetro clock, either with the TimePilot USB drive or
via your network.
- Assign iButtons to employees. This is done at the Vetro clock.
The Wizard will guide you through the setup process, step by step. If you
ever need to use the Setup Wizard again—because you're adding a new clock, for
instance—you can find the Wizard in
- The name you give your clock is important, because if you ever have
multiple Vetro clocks on the same system, you'll know where employees
clocked in and out. The Vetro clock ships with a factory-set password of
123456. You'll use that password to set the time on the clock when you power
it up for the first time, but afterward you'll use the password you set
here. Make sure you don't choose 123456 as your new password: if you do so,
your employees will be able to change the clock's settings.
- Some advanced users who want to add a Vetro clock to their network may
want to assign their clock a
fixed IP address. If so, when you get to the "Network Setup" screen, click the "Use the following IP
address" button, enter the requested information and click
"Next." You'll be taken to the instructions for transferring
your setup information to the USB drive and on to the clock.
Once the clocks are set up, they're ready for use.
Here are instructions on how to
clock in and out.