If you’ve been instructed to update your Vetro clock's firmware by a TimePilot Technical Support Specialist, the update process is below.
In essence, you'll get your current firmware version number from the clock,
use it to determine the correct update file from the TimePilot web site,
download the file, copy the file to your TimePilot USB drive and load it onto the clock.
the step-by-step process (we strongly suggest you read the entire
instructions before beginning the update process):
- First, check the version of the firmware you already have. To do this, press the "OK" key on your Vetro clock twice in rapid succession.
- Your firmware version will be displayed in the third line of text that appears on the clock screen. It will be either "V01.1X" or "V01.0X" with "X" a number between 0 and 9. The important digit is the one immediately after the decimal point: either 1 or 0.
- Write down your version number and take it to your computer.
- If you have version V01.1X, click here to download your update.
If you have version V01.0X, click here to download your update.
The download will be called Vetro.zip. Download it to your desktop and double-click it to examine the contents. Inside the Vetro.zip file will be a file called Vetro.hex. This is the update file; copy Vetro.hex (NOT Vetro.zip) to your USB drive.
Note: If your USB drive has other files on it—for instance your most recent clock-in and clock-out data—you can leave the data there, it won't cause a problem. Also, we can't guarantee that a non-TimePilot USB drive will successfully update your firmware; if you would like to order a TimePilot USB drive, please click here.
- Take the USB drive to your Vetro clock and plug it into the USB port on the side.
- Cut power to the clock (by unplugging it at the wall outlet or surge strip or at the power jack on the clock), wait 5 seconds and then restore power. The clock's screen will be blank for about 15 seconds and the clock will emit a series of beeps. At the end of the process, the clock will reboot.
- After the process is complete, you’ll be asked to enter your password and reset the date and time on the clock.
- Verify that the update was made by checking the version now on the clock. To do so, repeat Steps 1 and 2. If your version is V01.16 or V01.08, you're good. If it's not, please repeat steps above.
If you're still running into trouble or need help, please contact TimePilot Tech Support at 630-879-6400 or Support@TimePilot.com.