TimePilot Central: Menus
The Setup Menu is where you tell the software about your work policies.
You'll describe them in the first six items in the Setup Menu (Location through
Holiday, then combine the policies to create
Pay Types (the seventh item in the
menu). For instance, you could create one Pay Type—which includes hourly pay,
overtime at time-and-a-half, vacation pay, and jury duty pay—and call it
"Hourly," and create a second Pay Type—including salaried pay, no OT,
vacation pay, personal time off pay and jury duty pay—and call it "Salary."
At the end of this process, you'll set up your employees (in Profiles, the last menu item) and assign each
employee one of the Pay Types you created.
- Location Setup: This is where you can specify where your clocks
are located, to help you identify where employees clocked in or out. When you have more than one location, you'll be able to create reports
that include only employees at a particular location.
- Company Setup: Here's where you'll enter your company information, including
name, your pay period (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.), whether you want to have
rounding applied to your employees, etc. If you have more than one pay
period, you can create a second "company" with different settings.
- Shift Setup: This is where you create your employees' shifts.
The system uses shift schedules to determine if an employee is early or
late. If you don't keep track of that activity, you'll need to set up
one shift for the system to operate.
- Department Setup: You'll enter your company's departments
here. Later, when you're using the system, you can generate reports grouped
by department. Details...
- Overtime Setup: Do you pay overtime to your
employees? You can have multiple overtime policies, each with a different
set of criteria and payment rates.
- Holiday Setup: You'll set up your company holiday schedule here. You can have more than one
- Pay Type Setup: This is where you'll set up how your
employees will be treated in terms of whether they get overtime, vacation
pay, holiday pay, etc. You can have multiple pay types; for instance, one
for salaried employees and another for hourly employees.
- Profile Setup: You'll add your employees here.
- Clock Manager: Clock Manager is a small program that
shows you the clocks on your system. With it, you can set up new clocks, make adjustments to existing clocks and download data collected
by the clocks into the
- Tap Manager: Tap Manager is the software that handles communication between your PC and the Tap+ clock(s). It only needs to be running when you want to connect a Tap+
clock to your PC.